[K12OSN] OT: Alice.org

Todd O'Bryan toddobryan at mac.com
Wed Oct 17 02:56:13 UTC 2007

The problem I noticed is that my students spent way more time using
trial and error to get all the numbers right to make their animations
look good than they did thinking.

The new version of Alice is supposed to have more interesting primitives
built in so that students can concentrate more on the sequencing and
problem solving than on the minutiae of getting things to look right. It
should let teachers assign more interesting projects and let students do
more higher level thinking.

Todd