[K12OSN] LTSP5

Nils Breunese nils at breun.nl
Wed Oct 17 14:15:08 UTC 2007

James P. Kinney III wrote:

> On Thu, 2007-10-11 at 20:41 -0400, Ronnie Miller wrote:
>> I'll say this for K12LTSP-5EL, it installs and works better than
>> Version
>> 6. I ran into several problems installing version 6 that were NOT
>> an issue
>> in 5EL. It is solid as a rock and I'm really enjoying it.
>>
>> Now, if only sound in Flash would work like it's supposed to...
>
> Make sure you have the libflashplugin installed

I believe you refer to the libflashsupport package?

> and that the /tmp/.esd/socket file exists (a cron job to check and
> create as
> needed is recommended - the socket will vanish periodically - flash
> design bug not a linux bug).

On our K12LTSP 5EL server I found  /etc/cron.hourly/ltsp_esd_hack.
This cronjob creates /tmp/.esd/socket when FLASH_SOUND_HACK is set to
yes in /etc/sysconfig/k12ltsp. Looking at /etc/sysconfig/k12ltsp I
don't see a setting called FLASH_SOUND_HACK, but I do see
REMOTE_SOUND_HACKS (set to NO by default). Can someone shed some more
light on this?

Nils Breunese.