[K12OSN] Thumb drives and dell servers

Ernie Hudson ernie_hudson at snowline.k12.ca.us
Thu Oct 18 19:48:06 UTC 2007

I am having a major issue with thumb drives not being recognized on the
client. Everything I plug into the server or an optiplex gx280 is mounted,
but on the client this is not the case. I have an old lexar thumb drive that
will mount on a client but not anything newer. I also see this error on
boot,  usb 1-2: device not accepting address 2, error -71, there is an ata2
error as well. Is this a known issue with Dell? I have installed edubuntu,
both versions, and everything just worked. Should I be looking for an AMD
based server? We are planning to put a thin client solution in our computer
intech labs and I would really appreciate any help.

Ernie Hudson

CLS3

Serrano High School