[K12OSN] Victory

Joe Korzeniewski jkorzeni at battle-creek.k12.mi.us
Thu Oct 25 14:24:37 UTC 2007

After a ton of preparation I finally got my LTSP lab running. I have 27 Dell GX150's as terminals and a Dell Poweredge 1900 with 2x Quad Core Xeon processors and 8gb ram (overkill :-) running K12LTSP6. We unveiled it yesterday to the students and the response was overwhelmingly good. I sat in there and watched as the third graders pulled the word docs that they have been working on from their novell shared drive and worked on them using open office. I also got to watch a group of first graders go through and play games in GCompris. One of them came up to me on her way out the door and asked "are these computers going to stay in our lab?" with a real sad look on her face like we were going to take them away or something. At the end of each class, she asked the students if they like their new lab. All of them raised their hand each time. Before I left, the teacher was even asking me if it would be possible to do a linux installation party for parents (not in those words of course). I just want to thank everybody on this list for helping me with all my dumb questions along the way. We couldn't have had this victory without your help!

Joe Korzeniewski
Network Admin
Battle Creek Public Schools