[K12OSN] Tuxpaint Printing

Peter Scheie peter at scheie.homedns.org
Fri Oct 26 13:21:16 UTC 2007

Carl Keil wrote:

>> Message: 14
>> Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 14:08:53 -0400
>> From: "Joe Korzeniewski" <jkorzeni at battle-creek.k12.mi.us>
>> Subject: [K12OSN] Tuxpaint Printing
>> To: <k12osn at redhat.com>
>>
>> has anyone encountered this error when printing in tuxpaint? "No
>> appropriate filter was found to convert the file format image/x-eps
>> into application/postscript." It gives some instructions on checking
>> the filters in kprint. I even added image/x-eps to the input types for
>> the filter and it just says "not an image". Now I can print the .png
>> in the save directory just fine, but it doesn't print directly from
>> tuxpaint. I am running k12ltsp6 64 bit.
>>
>> -Joe
>>
> I encountered that error a year or so ago.  I asked about it on the
> list, but never resolved the issue.  I developed a workaround where we
> printed the PNGs via a 3rd application.
>
> ck

I suggest asking on the tuxpaint mailing list, or you could contact Bill
Kendrick, the lead developer directly; his email address is posted on
the tuxpaint.org website.  He used to be on this list a while back but
formally dropped off because of time commitments--he and his wife had a
baby. ;-)

Peter