[K12OSN] OT: Pushing a printer to windows systems

Craig White craig at tobyhouse.com
Wed Oct 31 19:58:26 UTC 2007

Yes - the printer definition/drivers either must be installed already on
the computer (requires administrator privileges) or what I have found to
be the absolutely best way of handling things...

http://samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/classicalprinting.html#id388379

Windows 'Add Printer Wizard' as administrator which will automatically
install the print drivers (if needed) on any domain client system

Craig