[K12OSN] pam_mount and disabled accounts

Rob Owens rowens at bio-chemvalve.com
Wed Sep 12 14:33:53 UTC 2007

FYI:

I've been happily using pam_mount for a while, and ran into a major snag
a couple weeks ago.  Logins were taking forever (so long that NX logins
would time out).  I finally figured it out.  I had disabled some
accounts in Active Directory (about 7 out of 40 total) and that was the
cause of all my slowdowns.  I re-enabled or deleted those accounts as
appropriate, and now pam_mount works fine again.

Just a heads up for anybody who's experiencing slow logins with pam_mount.

I'm using K12LTSP 5.0EL

-Rob