[K12OSN] Window Clients can't get past the Linux Server

jones yeates jones_yeates at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 23 17:38:36 UTC 2007

I forgot to mention that it is a Novell 4.83 client that is trying to log
onto the Windows network.  I will try changing the DNS server address, as
soon as I get into work on Monday.

Should I get the dhcp server on the LAN to send out the ip address for the
DNS server on the school's network (10.*.*.*), instead of the 192.168.0.254?

I am a little unclear as to why the DNS server wouldn't be working for the
Novell login.  If the Internet is working, then wouldn't the DNS be doing
its job?  I believe the client goes to the ltsp server (for dns) then from
there it would contact the other servers for name info.