[K12OSN] eMac client

Craig White craig at tobyhouse.com
Fri Sep 28 16:27:39 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-09-28 at 10:34 -0500, Jon Harder wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
> > same issue that Jon Harder reported in June (thread continued into July
> > without no apparent resolution)
> >
> > http://www.redhat.com/archives/k12osn/2007-June/msg00283.html
> >
> > Jon, did you ever get an eMac client working?
>
> No, I was satisified with getting my older Mac clients working --
> slot loading and earlier -- so I dropped the eMac problem.
>
> Eventually I will be interested in a solution, because I have 60+ of
> that type of eMac and they will make good clients after their useful
> OS X life has passed. Maybe sooner if my users demand the open source!
> I have one student already wondering why he can't boot to linux on
> those ...
----
I have an i386 system working fine.

I have 7 iMacs all rockin' and rollin'

I have 3 eMacs, 1 of which I am waiting for approval to erase HD and do
a full install to see what I can see from an F7 install (I expect it to
work because I got all the way into GUI Anaconda without issue). I
haven't been able to get beyond the point that you were myself.

I have 2 G4 systems, 1 of which I tried and failed to get X going and
may do a full install there...I haven't decided yet.

If I make some progress, I'll post back - thanks Jon, I tried to send
you an e-mail directly at your subscribed address which was rejected by
your mail server.

--
Craig White <craig at tobyhouse.com>