[K12OSN] K12LTSP Server Specs

Tim Nelson tnelson at rockbochs.com
Wed Apr 2 21:13:35 UTC 2008

Hello! We're currently working with a school that will be implementing a new K12LTSP server. The server will be handling roughly 30 clients. The current LTSP servers they have are all Supermicro units with Xeon CPUs. Storage capacity is not incredibly important as all user data is stored on a separate fileserver and mounted via NFS. What would you recommend for specs of the hardware? It should be usable now and be scalable to support future K12LTSP setups. I appreciate any insight you can give. Thank you!

Tim Nelson
Systems/Network Support
Rockbochs Inc.