[K12OSN] Require help for LTSP and code weaver

"Terrell Prudé Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Fri Apr 4 15:45:02 UTC 2008

There might be an easier way than having to install CodeWeavers and MS
Office.

OpenOffice.org just released version 2.4.  Try downloading that and
upgrading your stock OpenOffice with this newer version.  It may have
fixed that problem that you're seeing.  It comes in RPM packaging, so
it's a very easy upgrade.  I've done it multiple times on my RHEL 4 and
CentOS 4 boxes, so I know for a fact that the upgrade's easy.

If that doesn't work, then you might give CodeWeavers a try.  I've used
their CrossOver Office product before, for running the Internet Exploder
"web browser" on GNU/Linux.  One of the guys in my office was running MS
Office 2000 and later MS Office XP.  He said there were was the
occasional glitch, but overall it worked fine.

--TP
Do you GNU <http://www.gnu.org>?
Microsoft Free since 2003 <http://www.cmosnetworks.com>--the ultimate
antivirus protection!