[K12OSN] A few ~$200 thin clients to try

Barry Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Sat Apr 5 15:33:20 UTC 2008

Hi Leotis,

Our school uses tigerdirect.com quite a bit. Seems they have a good
selection of product. What you want to look for on any LCD it will say
"VESA" compliant. Tiger usually has good multiple pictures of all
monitors available. Look at the back for the four mounting screw
holes( which matches up with the four screw holes in the Ebox2300). This
is the " VESA" compliant peice( I think). Like I said this makes for a
very nice " out of sight out of mind" as far as kids fiddling with
buttons and trying to jam stuff inside of every open hole,,such as they
do with thick clients cdroms,etc.They can simply reach over the top of
the monitor to insert a usb stick this way as well if need be for easy
access. Most all LCD's have these mounting holes.*but* lots of Dell,
Gateway LCD's do not. They have a rounded backside,which will not work.
Hope this helps.

Take Care,

Barry Cisna