From: k12osn-bounces redhat com [mailto:k12osn-bounces redhat com] On Behalf
Of Huck
Sent: April-22-08 7:37 PM
To: Support list for open source software in schools.
Subject: Re: [K12OSN] logging in as root

XP can connect like I said, via 'ssh', via 'freenx', via 'vnc'...and more...via a samba share as well(but that's just accessing the filesystem, not the programs)....

how to run programs from the thin client...you sit at the thin client...login as your username...use the drop-down menus' at the top normally for KDE and Gnome if I'm not mistaken...(we use IceWM where it looks kinda like XP)...and in those drop-downs are tons of applications you can run.

For documentation the best resource is 'google'...depending on what you want to run/find/etc...

generalization questions are really hard to answer...if you want to learn Linux...Slashdot http://www.slashdot.org/ had a good article on some books for beginners(but not idiots)...last weekend.

--Huck

Jeremy Schubert wrote:
Sorry, I wasn't clear in my last message.  What I really want to know is a
location for some good documentation.  Now that I have my server up and
running, how can I have my client (XP) connect to the server and how do I
run programs from the thin client.