[K12OSN] Finally need to logon and access homes from windows

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Tue Apr 29 21:06:33 UTC 2008

Jim Christiansen wrote:
> Well, the day has arrived where I need to log on windows (2k or xp pro-
> haven't decided yet) and use my linux home dirs.
>
> The current server is fedora 5 or 6 based k12ltsp.  Will things be
> easier if the server was running the current k12ltsp 5- Centos version??
>
> Is there a current writeup for this?
>
> I wish I didn't have to, but I have Pro/Engineer and want my students to
> experience it.
>
> Thanks in advance for any ideas and advice.  Jim

As long as samba is running and the windows login name is the same as
the linux name - or you are using samba as the domain controller for
windows it should just work.  That is, each windows user will only see
the corresponding home directory.   If you also want access to linux
applications while running windows you can use the NX client with
freenx, cygwin X, or vnc.

--
   Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com