Re: [K12OSN] smbldap

This stuff isn't easy. I spent most of Sunday connecting an 8.04 edubuntu server to my old smbldap server and things still aren't quite right. I'm authenticating but, sudo is acting funny and segfaulting half the time. I don't think the root account / group/ directory whatever is mapped correctly.

Really makes you appreciate the work that David Trask and Matt Oquist put in over the years.

Luis

David Hopkins wrote:
Well ... this evening did not go well ... as I was checking my notes
for centos, the ldap server crashed on me (actually, it is just acting
very flaky with ldap or smb or ncsd randomly dying).  I can only guess
that is is somehow related to the upgrade I ran a couple of days ago
to go from 5.0 to 5.2.  Anyhow, I had used the CentOS 4.4 template (by
Ben King) and manually located and loaded the rpms that it had used. I
guess I didn't get it quite right.  Since I only have the evenings to
work on it, it'll take a couple of more days to try again.

Sorry,
Dave Hopkins