[K12OSN] Firefox 3 downgrade

I have upgraded most of my systems to CentOS 5.2 which includes
upgradiing FF to 3.01. But ... FF3 is incredibly slow, much slower
than my sole remaining FF2 system which is running an older version of
Fedora.  Browsing the mozilla forum, it seems that this is being
observed by others. One option is to figure out why it is so slow.
Another is to downgrade.  I'd select downgrade but I get lots of
unresolved dependencies  (using CentOS).  Has anyone else on the list
had issues with FF3?

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins