[K12OSN] broken link in k12ltsp.repo?

Peter Scheie peter at scheie.homedns.org
Sat Aug 16 13:36:57 UTC 2008

I'm trying to install libX11-devel (to test out Robert's new version of
fl_teachertool) on k12ltsp-5EL.  One of its dependencies is mesa-libGL-devel
which it tries to get from
http://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/K12LTSP/5.0.0-EL-32bit/5.1/.  However, the
k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/K12LTSP path appears to be invalid.  I suspect it is
supposed to be k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP, which does exist.  The
k12ltsp.repo simply points to the mirrorlist file at
http://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/mirrors/k12ltsp-5.0EL-$basearch; in this case,
$basearch is i386, and the path that this points to is the incorrect
k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/K12LTSP/5.0.0-EL-32bit, incorrect because of the missing
/pub/ part.  Dan or Eric, can you look at this?  Or am I misunderstanding something?

Peter