Re: [K12OSN] K12LTSP RHEL 5 64 Bit Install Errors

Moon wrote:

Hello, I downloaded both the K12LTSP 5EL 64bit CDs and 64bit DVD. First, the K12LTSP 5EL 64bit DVD will not burn using CentOS 5.2 or using MagicISO or Nero on WinXP platform. The file is simply too large. I then tried installing using the 8 K12LTSP 5EL 64bit CDs on an ABIT AV8 AMD Athlon 64 3700+ based school server. The installation terminates after running through disk 8 with no discernable error message other than there was an error and gives me a reboot button.

I have used this same hardware platform to run 64bit CentOS 5.2 workstation and server previously. I then installed K12LTSP 5EL 32bit using the DVD with success.

Can you advise if there will be an updated K12LTSP 5EL 64bit CDs and 64bit DVD to correct these issues?

Please advise.

Have you tried doing network installs from that 64-bit DVD image? My preferred method is to use either NFS or FTP installs. Way faster than CD's or even DVD's if you're on 100Mbps.

--TP