[K12OSN] Sugar desktop.

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Tue Aug 19 05:35:09 UTC 2008

Is anyone interested in helping make Sugar[1] available on the k12ltsp?

We have recently spun off development of Sugar from One Laptop Per Child
to Sugar Labs in an effort to make Sugar more widely available.

I am currently working on 'getting Sugar into the classroom' outreach.
The main concern I am hearing from educators is the importance of easy
to install and maintain Sugar distributions.

I have been working with the distributions to include Sugar packages in
their upcoming releases.  We are making particularly good progress at
Fedora with the help of Gregdek.

Does this sound like an interesting and useful project?  Does it align
with the technical and social goals of k12ltsp?  If so, please feel free
to contact me here or at the k-12 Open Minds conference[2].
.

thanks
dfarning

1. http://sugarlabs.org/go/Main_Page