[K12OSN] Sugar desktop.

Tom Hoffman tom.hoffman at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 15:00:10 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 1:35 AM, David Farning <dfarning at sugarlabs.org> wrote:

> Does this sound like an interesting and useful project?  Does it align
> with the technical and social goals of k12ltsp?  If so, please feel free
> to contact me here or at the k-12 Open Minds conference[2].

I would say the main issues would be making sure that Sugar acts in
ways that make sense in a multi-user environment.  That is, you can
log into a Sugar session from GDM like you would another window
manager.

Once logged in, the collaborative features developed to be used over a
local wireless mesh should work exactly the same for children sharing
the same server, or other servers on the local wired network, except
hopefully, way faster and more stably.

You'd also have to decide where your Jabber server and other server
infrastructure fits in.

--Tom