Re: [K12OSN] RE: Fedora 9 Live LTSP Server, Beta 1

Warren Togami wrote:
Healy, Patrick wrote:

Warren Togami wrote:
I'm 90% to making NBD boot a standard option (but not default) of Fedora LTSP5. It should be an option in the next LTSP update that should be in the Live Beta 2.

I thought I was using NBD boot on this beta. Was it NFS? And what of the ssh login, or was that just under Ubuntu?

The beta uses NFS. Future Fedora LTSP5 will use NFS by default as well. NBD will be an option if you want faster boot.

Fedora LTSP5 and anything that uses LDM does logins via ssh. Fedora is different from the others though that we default to LDM_DIRECTX=yes which means X goes unencrypted over the network after the initial username and password which is encrypted.

Now I'm 99% to NBD root. All the code except a script to generate the NBD images is written and pushed to ltsp-trunk upstream. I sent another revision of necessary mkinitrd changes to pjones for code review. Once both pieces are set, I will release ltsp-5.1.20 which supports NBD root boot. I could use some help to write docs at that point.

Warren Togami
wtogami redhat com