Re: [K12OSN] Intel Atom thin clients?

On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 3:10 PM, Shawn R. Austin <austinsr uindy edu> wrote:
> There is barebones MSI Wind desktop with no hard drive available at newegg.
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856167032&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-Barebone+Systems-_-MSI-_-56167032

I didn't know this even existed! What a super buy for LTSP labs. At
$150 it will make an excellent thin client. All you need is some ram.
For an extra $20 you can pop in 1GB of ram. Definitely enough for
local apps and the atom 1.6 cpu has the power to run a browser. Nice!

The motherboard costs $80 alone

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813121342

so they are charging $70 for the case and power supply. Not bad. I
especially like the external brick PS since it's silent. I just wonder
if the rtl8111c nic is supported yet?

If anyone buys this please report back to the list as I think many
would be interested.

--
Robert Arkiletian