Re: [K12OSN] Sky high load average with FF and CentOS?

in one word :
Opera

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 10:53 PM, David Hopkins <dahopkins429 gmail com> wrote:
> i tested firefox 3 and it is almos 3 times faster then v2 and takes less
> memory

On my EL5 systems, this has not been the case at all :(  As mentioned,
I tested the load that launching each creates on the system (no
plugins and with plugins) and FF3 just crushes my K12LTSP EL5 system.
Doesn't matter if it is a 32bit or 64bit system.  I don't know why,
but v2 performs much much better than v3.  Perhaps at some points I'll
try and dig deeper, but right now I just have to have things ready for
the school which starts tomorrow morning at 7:30.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins