Re: [K12OSN] Sky high load average with FF and CentOS?

A better word:
Konqueror

It comes with the distro already, is quite a fine browser, and works with the FF plugins. It is my main Internet browser for that reason.

--TP

Nadav Kavalerchik wrote:
in one word :
Opera

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 10:53 PM, David Hopkins <dahopkins429 gmail com <mailto:dahopkins429 gmail com>> wrote:

    > i tested firefox 3 and it is almos 3 times faster then v2 and
    takes less
    > memory

    On my EL5 systems, this has not been the case at all :(  As mentioned,
    I tested the load that launching each creates on the system (no
    plugins and with plugins) and FF3 just crushes my K12LTSP EL5 system.
    Doesn't matter if it is a 32bit or 64bit system.  I don't know why,
    but v2 performs much much better than v3.  Perhaps at some points I'll
    try and dig deeper, but right now I just have to have things ready for
    the school which starts tomorrow morning at 7:30.

    Sincerely,
    Dave Hopkins