Re: [K12OSN] Sky high load average with FF and CentOS?

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 11:29 AM, Terrell Prude' Jr.
<microman cmosnetworks com> wrote:
> Tell me, folks:  since David's looking at changing browsers *anyway* and
> thus changing the "look and feel" substantially *anyway*, what's bad about
> using Konqueror?  It already comes with K12LTSP!  Works great with shared
> memory/libraries, too.

Personally, there isn't anything wrong. I just have to make sure that
the teachers 'buy' into it and it works with the State 'browser-based'
(as opposed to web-based) programs.  This environment is rather
different from anything else they see.  The more comfortable they are,
the less pushback.  Today was the first day and we had some serious
issues with a conflict between the state SIS which we are required to
use and FF.  It literally brought my new 2  Dual quad-core boxes down
to zero responsiveness resulting in 50 upset teachers.  By getting the
teachers to use our Windows TS which we have specifically for
compatibility with State programs that in essence require IE, things
are back to normal, but it glitches like this that just raise havoc
with acceptance.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins