[K12OSN] Sky high load average with FF and CentOS?

Nils Breunese nils at breun.nl
Mon Aug 25 19:54:09 UTC 2008

Terrell Prude' Jr. wrote:

> Tell me, folks:  since David's looking at changing browsers *anyway*
> and thus changing the "look and feel" substantially *anyway*, what's
> bad about using Konqueror?  It already comes with K12LTSP!  Works
> great with shared memory/libraries, too.

Both Konqueror and Opera have pros and cons. Konqueror means KDE
dependencies and I personally don't like KDE programs in a Gnome
desktop. Konqueror is open source though and can be installed through
yum. Opera is only free as in beer and you'll need to download an RPM.
I'd say any suggestions are great and David can see what he likes and
what works for him.

Nils Breunese.