Re: [K12OSN] Sky high load average with FF and CentOS?

On Mon, 2008-08-25 at 15:48 -0700, Christian Einfeldt wrote:

> "We can bump the number of threads on the proxy server so that it can
> handle more concurrent requests. We can set the Firefox proxy settings
> in the local config files so that Firefox doesn't need to hit the web
> server when they start. And we can install local DNS caches on each
> machine so that the DNS server load is lightened a bit."
>
> Maybe this will help someone else here?
>
> c u

It also helps if the server can launch an instance of FF when it starts
up. Set up a vncserver account and have that account autostart firefox
to a internal page. This will preload the binary and libs and make the
server feel much faster.

It is possible that the slowness is 30 simultaneous launches tha all see
they are solo-instances. FF supports shared libs and binary. But there
must be one fully running to work.

--
James P. Kinney III
CEO & Director of Engineering