Re: [K12OSN] Tuning LTSP Performance

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 8:41 PM, Terrell Prude' Jr.
<microman cmosnetworks com> wrote:

> Easy.  Say you're a "curious" kid.  :-)  Just insert your own switch (yes,
> they're available on eBay) in between the server and its network drop.  On
> your switch, mirror the port to your laptop (laptop HD's are pretty big
> nowadays).  Boom, you've done it, and no, it ain't that hard to do.  I do
> this sort of thing regularly at work as part of my network engineer duties
> when troubleshooting certain problems.

Thanks Terrell I get it now. Still bringing in a laptop+switch and
connecting it all isn't likely to happen with a teacher in the room. I
still feel safe using direct X. And let me remind people that if
teachers use the server itself as a workstation this kind of sniffing
will NOT work. It could only work for other thin clients.

--
Robert Arkiletian