[K12OSN] OT: Google Apps

Travis Smith tsmith at geneseeschools.org
Fri Dec 5 13:27:03 UTC 2008

2008/12/4 Travis Smith <tsmith at geneseeschools.org>:
> We allow students to use google docs and some do take advantage of it. I
> even put a link up on our webpage. One issue we found was with the power
> point piece and it seems like the issues were related to trying to get the
> The
> topic has been brought up a few times at our county meetings and some of the
> concerns were property rights because google now has ownership and worried
> that google will use this publicly or in a negative way somehow.

Google doesn't own your content when you use Google Documents:
http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/google_adapts_and_modifies_content.php

I agree Dan I have no problems with Google Docs. That was an issue that was brought up by a few technology coordinators in my county per discussion about the topic in a meeting and part of their reasoning for blocking the service at their school.

Scanned by GenNET AV out