[K12OSN] PowerPC iMacs as LTSP thin clients

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Wed Dec 17 01:38:24 UTC 2008

R. Scott Belford wrote:
> Great work, Warren.  I know the EL release supported the PPC
> architecture, so you may find a good foundation there.
>
>  What about flash and java?  Do you anticipate issues?

You misunderstand.  The client only does X, pulseaudio for remote sound
and ltspfs for remote storage.  Plugins run on the server across the
network, where you would have your modern beefy x86_64 server.

EL5 ppc is well supported, but far fewer people use it as a desktop thus
it is not likely to be a better platform for PPC clients.  Fedora's
kernel and/or yaboot needs fixes for netboot apparently.

Warren