[K12OSN] smbldap installer problems on clean el5 installation

Jay Pfaffman pfaffman at relaxpc.com
Sun Feb 3 23:57:40 UTC 2008

I have just installed K12LSTP5EL on a handful of machines.  I'm hoping
to use one as an LDAP/NFS server and 4 others as in-class servers
supporting 10-15 clients.  I was elated to see that Matt Oquist seems
to have figured this out for me.  Alas, the script dies.  I solved the
first problem by editing distrodata.pm and removing

   rpm --import /usr/share/rhn/RPM-GPG-KEY;

and the "--disablerepo=core" from the yum command there.

Things looked good for a while, but after the install one of the
config scripts died.  Here's what looks like the salient info from the
logs.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/IDEALX/sbin/smbldap-populate line 35,
<DATA> line 225.
failure!
I'm stopping here because this is bad.
Correct the error by hand and re-run this script.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I am a professor at the University of Tennessee and am starting a
K12LTSP study in two middle schools.  I'm hoping to have data showing
that K12LTSP does what most people here think it does.

--
Jay Pfaffman <jay at utk.edu>
Asst Professor of Instructional Technology, U. TN, Knoxville