[K12OSN] USB Keyboard and Mouse

Sudev Barar sbarar at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 02:32:33 UTC 2008

On 06/02/2008, Kenneth Lundström <kenneth.lundstrom at nudata.fi> wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> In december I asked about getting an ThinkPad R61 to boot as an client.
> After many sleepless nights I finally got it to work, all except USB
> keyboard and mouse.
>
> Where should I start looking for errors?

run "tail -f /var/log/messages" in a terminal and watch if any
messages are displayed when you plug in or plug out the USB device. If
you then the messages will indicate what device etc. If not may be you
need some modules to be loaded.

Normally on k12 distro USB keyboard work by default. What booting
parameters you have set? If you have set "acpi=off" or something
similar then also sometimes USB detection goes to dogs. I had a USB
phone cable which did not get recognized. So in my HP Tx1000 I had to
set the following boot time options to get USB device recognition
working:

noapic nolapic irqfixup

I got tips from
http://www.kellyandsopho.com/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=LinuxOnHpPaviliontx1000z#Mirroring_the_Drive