[K12OSN] New SmartBoard and Edubuntu...I'm truly impressed!

Mark Trimble matrimble at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 14:26:57 UTC 2008

While I am also not personally enamored of smartboards for my own use, I
have seen them used very effectively not just to record notes, but also as
really slick way to actively demonstrate how to use a software application
by projecting on it and calibrating the board to the screen being projected.
It's pretty impressive when done well.

For my part, I've for several years now been an advocate of tablet pc's.
Paired with a projector, a small, lightweight tablet pc equipped with both
wireless Internet and (wireless) video capabilities is the ultimate teaching
tool. Unfortunately, for now this has left me turning back to M$ (at least
for the teacher's computer). Could anyone point me to a device/distro combo
in Linux that can provide tablet pc-like functionality? It would be
especially cool if such a device were available as a lightweight, solid
state, thin client tablet.

Cheers,
Mark