Rép. : Re: [K12OSN] Disk image

Guy-Michel Lessard GLessard at cegepoutaouais.qc.ca
Thu Feb 14 21:23:20 UTC 2008

I believe that sda would be a SATA drive and not a SCSI drive.

>>> Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com> 2008-02-14 15:12:50 >>
... Problem is the image was created as /dev/hda and the new
> server is /dev/sda. Clonezilla doesn't provide an obvious way of
> changing the device name in the interface.
>
> Any ideas on how to tackle this?

I think if you look in the directory where clonezilla stored the image

you'll find a file with the device name in an obvious form - or you can

hand-create the partitions and tell clonezilla to restore partitions
instead of the disk.  However, the bigger problem is that to boot from
scsi disk you need the appropriate driver module included in your
initrd
image.  There are ways to do this, but it might be easier to do a clean

install and copy the content you need to keep over.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com