Where is K12LTSP EL5 isos - Re: [K12OSN] Heads up: CentOS 5.1 released

Rob Owens rob.owens at biochemfluidics.com
Mon Jan 7 19:38:10 UTC 2008

Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> James P. Kinney III wrote:
>> 32-bit DVD is here:
>> ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/5.0.0-EL-32bit/dvd/K12LTSP-5.0.0EL-32bit-dvd.iso
>>
>> 32-bit CD's are here:
>> ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/5.0.0-EL-32bit/iso
>>
> THANK YOU!!!!!
>
> Now given that I have Centos 5 on a server and normally only need CD 1
> then do a Linux askmethod and use HTTP,,,,
>
> Are any of these 7 isos the same as the current Centos 5.1 (looks more
> like 5.0 given their dates of 6/25, oh well that is why I have a local
> repo!).  Or do I need all 7 as unique from Centos CDs (I do havea set of
> Centos 5 CDs in my NOC, don't recall their build date).

You could probably install CentOS 5 using your local repos, then add the
K12LTSP repos and install all the packages in the K12LTSP, LTSP group:
dhcp-ltsp-config
k12ltsp-core
k12ltsp-release
k12ltsp-scripts
k12ltsp-utils
ltsp_config

I've attached a tarball of my yum.repos.d directory.

I'm sure there's some way of utilizing your local CentOS repos for
updates, but I don't know enough about the structure and contents of the
K12LTSP repositories to help you with that.

-Rob