[K12OSN] State of K12LTSP?

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 08:33:52 UTC 2008

On Jan 9, 2008 10:30 PM, Eric Harrison <eharrison at mesd.k12.or.us> wrote:
> Here is the official state of the union:

Hi Eric,

Sometimes, when you single handedly change the world, it's not easy to
let go. The burden, when so many depend on you, can feel heavy.

So, I want you to know that you don't owe anybody. We owe you. So I
want to say, ----thank you----.
Thanks for making my job, as a teacher, much more fun and interesting.
I have learned so much over the past 4 years.

Fedora also has a lot to thank you for. K12LTSP has a  wonderful
community. I know you must be helping them, as you have helped other
LTSP distros, get off the ground.

I want to share a little philosophical commentary. In the business
world, it is a common belief "What makes others weaker, makes us
stronger" but in the FOSS world "What makes others stronger, makes us
stronger".

I don't want people to think you are quitting. I don't think you are.
But rather, Eric's work of late has been to set the stage for a new
era of K12LTSP. One that is not, a one man show.  That's a good thing
for everyone, including Eric.

--
Robert Arkiletian