[K12OSN] lbussd CPU usage?

Shawn Powers spowers at inlandlakes.org
Mon Jan 14 14:46:52 UTC 2008

I think lbussd is used for local devices, does that include sound
cards?  I wonder if my old ISA sound cards might be responsible?  I'm
trying to troubleshoot, but I'm not really sure what I should be
looking for.

I did kill off all the lbussd processes this morning, and my servers
started acting quite "peppy" again.  As people log in, however, the
CPU draining processes are building up again.

Is there an intelligent way to troubleshoot?  In the words of
LOLCats, I feel like, "I'm doin it rong"  :)

Thanks for any insight,
-Shawn