[K12OSN] Motherboard Manufacturer Recommendations?

Rob Owens rob.owens at biochemfluidics.com
Wed Jul 9 17:37:20 UTC 2008

I had a problem with Abit boards once.  I bought two at the same time,
and the onboard NIC on both boards had the same MAC address.  It really
caused problems for DHCP.  To Abit's credit, they sent me new bios chips
immediately and didn't give me a bunch of BS about how having the same
MAC address is impossible.  (Actually, I suspect they may have had that
problem before because the guy on the phone didn't even flinch when I
told him my problem).

Besides that, though, I don't have any complaints about the boards.
They're in use in 2 of my BackupPC servers.

-Rob

incomplete, or contain viruses.
version.