[K12OSN] Re: Text-only sessions in K12

David Fourie (TSC) k12 at bizmail.co.za
Wed Jun 11 16:25:34 UTC 2008

> On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 21:40:38 +0200 (SAST)
> "David Fourie (TSC)" <k12 at bizmail.co.za> wrote:
>
>> Hmmm - also a good option, but I cannot find a .xsession file!
>> DF
>
> That would be $HOME/.xsession  It is a personal setting file that your
> user(s) may or maynot have.  If they do not already have one, and need
> one, then create it.
>   $ touch /home/user/.xsession
>
> then edit to your desire.  ONLY do this for those that need something
> special (in this case, need a commandline only UI).  This way ONLY those
> users that desire a special environment can get one.  All other users
> will use the system wide xsession file(s).
OK, so I created the /home/test/.xsession file for my "test" user, but I
still get a Gnome session for this user (and others).  I ran make install
after building ratpoison wm, so it is accessible.  I even tried to address
the binary directly : "exec /usr/local/bin/ratpoison" in .xsession.

It appears that .xsession is not being referenced?

David F