[K12OSN] network config

"Terrell Prudé Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Sun Jun 22 16:26:01 UTC 2008

Jeremy Schubert wrote:
> Is the following scenario correct?
> I have eth1 going to the cable modem and eth0 to my switch.   Then I
> need to set the gateway of my workstations (not thin clients) to eth0
> for them to have internet access.  But I can choose whether or not to
> set the proxy to eth0 (for web filtering) on each workstation.
>
> Thanks,
> Jeremy

Sounds like you're making your LTSP server also function as your
Internet router for the entire site.  Nothing wrong with that,, and your
setup is correct, but just make sure you've got the proper iptables-fu
in place before you go live with it!  Last thing you want is for your
LTSP server to get nailed by some cracker.

And yep, your thick clients would use eth0 as the default gateway.
IIRC, ip.forward and NAT are both turned on by default in K12LTSP.

--TP
Do you GNU <http://www.gnu.org>?
Microsoft Free since 2003 <http://www.cmosnetworks.com>--the ultimate
antivirus protection!