[K12OSN] Changing Jobs, email changing as well

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Fri Mar 21 16:50:00 UTC 2008

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 13:26:22 -0400, Terrell Prudé Jr. wrote
> Congrats on the new job...but it's a shame that they've got the MS
> blinders on.  Hopefully you can, through example, show them that there
> is a better way.
>
> My folks are in the medical profession, and several control programs for
> their gear are MS Windows-only.  On top of that, your new colleagues'll
> probably say, "hey, this is a hospital, lives are at stake here, we
> stick with what we have!"  Yes, I know, the actual EEG's, etc. don't run
> on Windows.  But that'll be their excuse not to consider a change,
> despite GNU/Linux's greater stability.  Just be aware.
>
> --TP

Thanks.  I still try and follow the lists but likely won't be as active with posts.  I
do see some places already where they could benefit from Linux and Open Source, but I'm
not holding my breath.  There seems to be a few rules as well where stuff can only run
on certified hardware with certified operating systems and such.

We'll see :-)

Jim