Re: [K12OSN] FreeNX and web companion

Brian Chivers wrote:
Les Mikesell wrote:
Brian Chivers wrote:
I've setup FreeNX OK on our test k12ltspel5 server and can connect OK using the NoMachine client but I'd like to try the Web Companion thingy so you can access it via a browser.

Has anyone done this with FreeNX and if so any nice simple instruction would be gratefully received :-)

What web companion thingy?

Allows you to access the FreeNX server through a web browser so there is no client to install.

I haven't had a chance to try this yet but the usual difference is that the NX commercial server always uses the same ssh key for the nx user's initial connection where freenx creates a new one when installed. So somewhere there should be a place where you have to make the client key match the one on your server.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com