[K12OSN] Video streaming

Brian Chivers brian at portsmouth-college.ac.uk
Fri Mar 28 15:13:09 UTC 2008

Just thinking about my next project for College and one thing that I think I need to look at is
video streaming.

Currently we have a server with a big HDD that people save clips on as AVI's and this is mapped to
the users via Samba. This is OKish for inside college but when they are outside of college they have
no access to it and as well allow external access to Moodle I'd like to be able for staff to embed
the clips into moodle so they have the same access inside or outside of college.

Has anyone done this sort of thing before & if so what did you use. I have looked at the Darwin /
Open Source Streaming Server from apple [1] but don't want to start reinventing the wheel if people
have found something easier to setup / use

Thanks
Brian Chivers
Portsmouth College

[1]http://developer.apple.com/opensource/server/streaming/index.html