[K12OSN] CentOS + USB devices

David Hopkins dahopkins429 at gmail.com
Thu May 22 18:06:33 UTC 2008

> Are the usb ports disabled on the client machines in k12ltsp CentOS?
> I have plugged in a usb thumb drive and a printer into a client and
> neither are detected. I plugged the same usb thumb drive into the server
> box and it was detected.

They work for me, but users need to be in the Fuse group.

> I added the printer using the CUPS web interface localhots:631.
> I used Device URI: socket://finaid70:9100

Is this correct? Isn't it socket://IP_address_thin_client:9100 or
socket://hostname_of_thin_client:9100 (which are typically 192.168.x.y
and ws###.ltsp for the base install).  We have 80+ printers connected
to thin clients and they work fine but we are using the parallel port
for the printers, not the usb port.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins