[K12OSN] Any rpm for RHEL 5 server without boot services?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 20:57:51 UTC 2008

Lisa Corsetti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to configure Red Hat Enterprise 5 servers as ldm login
> servers only and not have any LTSP boot services on them.  Is there an
> rpm that only includes the ldminfo related software to accomplish this?
> If not, I imagine the manual steps to accomplish this are not very
> complicated.  Can any of you offer insight?

If you have installed the k12ltsp server software, just stop the dhcpd
service:
service dhcpd stop
and
chkconfig dhcpd off
to keep it from starting at bootup.  I'm not sure how you enable remote
X logins on a stock RHEL5 - it used to be with gdmconfig on older
versions but I think it is changed now.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com