[K12OSN] OT: Sluggish file server

David Hopkins dahopkins429 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 13:52:19 UTC 2008

This just started a couple of weeks ago, but a couple of times now the
kjournald process on the primary fileserver has been utilizing all the
CPU. The result is very sluggish response for all users since /home is
nfs mounted from this system.  Issuing a "mount -a -o remount" doesn't
help (and doesn't hurt).  What log file should I look at to see what
the issue is?  I have full backups running on the weekend via Backuppc
and haven't had any issues in that respect with Backuppc reporting
successful completion.  Over 80% of the disk is free on both the / and
the /home partitions. After a reboot, the load average quickly climbs
back up to around 9 and stays there.

Thanks!
Dave Hopkins