[K12OSN] SMBLDAP - Requiring and facilitating password

Carl Keil carl at snarlnet.com
Thu Nov 20 19:45:13 UTC 2008

Rob,

Thank you for your reply.

I think I'd be OK with just telling people they needed to do it.  If
someone cracks their account and messes around it'll be a learning
experience for them.

I'm not clear on how ordinary users change their password in the SMBLDAP
scheme though.   Does "passwd" work?  Is there a GUI?  These people are
on clients, not the server.  And I want it to change the password in the
LDAP database.

Thanks,

ck