[K12OSN] wifi wireless k12ltsp support status

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Wed Oct 8 11:14:36 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-08 at 13:09 +0200, Nils Breunese wrote:
> Gerald Drouillard wrote:
>
> > Nils Breunese wrote:
> >> Is there any development going on that is focusing on reducing
> >> bandwidth requirements for LTSP? I haven't heard of any.
> > There seems to be a few people getting good results with a nx client.
>
> But with NX you're not really using LTSP anymore, right?

That is correct. To use nx one must have a fully working mobile system.
It can't PXE boot over wireless. It must have all it's bits stored
locally. It must have the ability to authenticate the local user before
they are presented the nx client login. Wireless will run remote
applications using nx quite well. But that's no longer an LTSP
situation.

> Nils Breunese.

James P. Kinney III
CEO & Director of Engineering