[K12OSN] HELP!!

Randall Swift swift at msad52.org
Wed Oct 8 14:37:20 UTC 2008

I tried to restart the server but the shutdown would hang on stopping nfs.
So I did a hard shutdown. The server started fine with an rpc error (it
went by so fast that I couldn't see the entire error) and nfs is started.
Everyone can now log in and have access to their home directory. The
problem now is that I cannot join a windows machine to the domain like I
used to be able to do. I get a bad user name or password error. I am not
sure how to reset the password for the root user that is created when I
install the smbldap script. Thanks for the help

Randy