[K12OSN] freenx issue

Will Hatch whatch at anwsu.org
Wed Oct 29 17:36:03 UTC 2008

I copied the client.id_dsa.key file from /etc/nxserver.  I pasted it to
a shared folder on my windows network.  I went through your steps for
importing the key.  It all went fine, but when I try to connect I'm
getting the same message.

>>> Kenneth Lundström <kenneth.lundstrom at nudata.fi> 10/29/2008 9:46:58
am >>>
The DSA key on your client and server doesńt match.

If you are using Nomachines client do as follows:
- open the dialog where you choose where your are connecting to
- press Configure
- press Key in the new window
- in the third window you see a DSA key

that key and the key found in /etc/nxserver/client.id_dsa.key should be

the same. If you can ssh to your box with putty you can copy&paste the

key to your NX client.

Kenneth

> I uninstalled the nxserver from my k12ltsp server (centos), and used
the add/remove programs to install freenx.  I created a new session on
my Windows XP workstation and tried to connect.  I'm getting a message
that says "The NX service is not available or the NX access was disabled
on host 192.168.3.212".

> The details say:
>
> NX> 203 NXSSH running with pid: 2960
> NX> 285 Enabling check on switch command
> NX> 285 Enabling skip of SSH config files
> NX> 285 Setting the preferred NX options
> NX> 200 Connected to address: 192.168.3.212 on port: 22
> NX> 202 Authenticating user: nx
> NX> 208 Using auth method: publickey
> NX> 204 Authentication failed.
>

> I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  I noticed when I installed the
FreeNX on my k12 box that there is some sort of proxy system for x11
called NX installed.  Could this be the issue?  How to fix?  Is there a
way (GUI) to configure FreeNX on my k12 box?  Thanks!

> ***********************************
> PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL: This communication, including
attachments, is for the exclusive use of addressee and may contain
proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient, any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or
distribution is strictly prohibited. If you're not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return email and
delete this communication and destroy all copies.
> It is the policy of ANWSU not to discriminate on the basis or race,
color, religion, national origin, gender, disability, or gender
orientation in its educational programs or activities, or in its
employment policies as required by Title IX of the 1972 Educational
Amendments, by Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, by Title
VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and by Vermont State Law.